Social Due to the profusion of changes being brought about, confusing obstacles to the growth of dialogue action occur, calling for a cooperative response to bring order out of chaos.
1. The dialogue may proceed cautiously in pursuit of its goal by attracting suitable assistance. (Resulting in: Solidarity).
2. The dialogue should avoid the obligations entailed by early acceptance of assistance from unexpected sources in times of difficulties. (Resulting in: Limitation).
3. The dialogue should renounce immediate objectives that have proved unfruitful due to premature action without adequate guidance. (Resulting in: Accomplishment).
4. Necessary dialogue action may be rendered successful, despite inadequate resources, by obtaining appropriate assistance (Resulting in: Following).
5. Its position in society may cause direct action by the dialogue to be distorted, necessitating cautious indirect action to overcome the obstacles arising from such misinterpretations. (Resulting in: Recovery).
6. The dialogue may cease its struggle due to an acceptance of the initial difficulties as overwhelming. (Resulting in: Assistance).
Transformation sequence When first launched, initiatives tend to be handicapped by inexperience. (Resulting in: Inexperience).
Earlier version in 2nd edition of Encyclopedia of World Problems and Human Potential (1986).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License..