Social Aided by enthusiasm, sustainable community action may succeed despite inexperience, provided appropriate guidance is sought with the right attitude.
1. Discipline is a necessary counterweight to dissipative carelessness in sustainable community action, although excessive discipline has itself a crippling effect on the development of sustainable community potential. (Resulting in: Deficiency).
2. Tolerance of shortcomings is a prerequisite for assumption of social responsibility by the sustainable community. (Resulting in: Deterioration).
3. The inexperienced sustainable community does not develop by applying itself to simple problems which readily offer themselves for solution. (Resulting in: Remedial action).
4. The sustainable community entangled in action fantasies of imagined significance can often only free itself by experiencing the humiliation which finally results. (Resulting in: Transformation threshold).
5. The inexperienced sustainable community that seeks guidance in an unassuming manner may develop successfully. (Resulting in: Barrier dissolution).
6. Constraints should be applied to the sustainable community that persists in careless action, but only to prevent unjustified excesses. (Resulting in: Controlled threat).
Transformation sequence After overcoming problems of inexperience, initiatives await further support. (Resulting in: Waiting).
Earlier version in 2nd edition of Encyclopedia of World Problems and Human Potential (1986).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License..