Social For a dialogue to struggle successfully, discipline must be instilled in the community by arousing enthusiasm, sustaining the people and eliciting confidence in the value of its actions.
1. For an entreprise to be successful when it is initiated, order must prevail within the dialogue. (Resulting in: Initiative).
2. The dialogue should remain in close touch with the community, sharing its condition and receiving recognition on its behalf, in order to be able to meet the demands made on it. (Resulting in: Receptivity).
3. If the community takes the initiative from the dialogue, misfortune will ensue. (Resulting in: Advancement).
4. If the dialogue is faced with superior opposition, orderly withdrawal avoids the risk of disintegration. (Resulting in: Liberation).
5. Energetic struggle by the dialogue is required to counteract any attacks, but a disorderly response may become counterproductive. (Resulting in: Persistence).
6. Following successful action by the dialogue, it is important that power should not be given to those who would abuse it. (Resulting in: Inexperience).
Transformation sequence The emergence of a controlled threat eventually promotes solidarity. (Resulting in: Solidarity).
Earlier version in 2nd edition of Encyclopedia of World Problems and Human Potential (1986).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License..