Social A sustainable lifestyle can best relate to those who are strong and intractable by conducting itself with due respect, reinforcing recognition of inner worth whenever it is reflected in external rank.
1. The sustainable lifestyle can make progress when in an inferior position through simple unassuming actions, since it is not yet bound by social obligations. (Resulting in: Conflict).
2. The sustainable lifestyle may act successfully in isolation, free of conventional entanglements and the enticements of conventional goals. (Resulting in: Spontaneity).
3. When handicapped, reckless action beyond its capabilities invites disaster, which is only justified when the sustainable lifestyle is struggling for a higher cause. (Resulting in: Creativity).
4. The sustainable lifestyle may succeed in a dangerous entreprise if it acts with caution, conscious of its inner resources. (Resulting in: Essential quality).
5. For a resolute action to succeed, the sustainable lifestyle should be aware of the dangers of resoluteness. (Resulting in: Opposition).
6. The success of the sustainable lifestyle can only be assessed in terms of effects of its actions; these then determine the consequences for the sustainable lifestyle. (Resulting in: Vitality).
Transformation sequence Careful conduct ensures that peaceful relationships prevail. (Resulting in: Peace).
Earlier version in 2nd edition of Encyclopedia of World Problems and Human Potential (1986).
For further updates on this site, subscribe here