Social Under certain conditions of society inferior values may predominate. A sustainable lifestyle of superior values is wise to accept this phase of events calmly rather than vainly attempting to counteract it.
1. Those of inferior values may initiate schemes to undermine the position of the sustainable lifestyle by intriguing against its supporters. (Resulting in: Support).
2. The sustainable lifestyle, isolated by the initiatives of those of inferior values, may be destroyed unless it can rapidly adjust its position. (Resulting in: Inexperience).
3. Provided it is able to enhance the expression of its superior values, the sustainable lifestyle may disassociate itself from those of inferior values, who will then oppose it actively. (Resulting in: Inaction).
4. Events can deteriorate to the point at which the sustainable lifestyle is unable to avoid misfortune. (Resulting in: Progress).
5. Those of inferior values may be attracted by the superior values of the sustainable lifestyle and voluntarily accept its guidance. (Resulting in: Recognition).
6. As support for the sustainable lifestyle increases, the strategies of those of inferior values become progressively more self-destructive. (Resulting in: Receptivity).
Transformation sequence Deterioration cannot continue indefinitely, thus recovery finally commences. (Resulting in: Recovery).
Earlier version in 2nd edition of Encyclopedia of World Problems and Human Potential (1986).
For further updates on this site, subscribe here