Social A transformative conference may be called upon to bind together, restrain, and care for valued features of society. Such an intimate relationship with the products of past initiatives is in itself valuable to a transformative conference's development.
1. Vigorous action by the transformative conference may be so obstructed that, to avoid misfortune, further efforts are best restrained. (Resulting in: Remedial action).
2. The forces restraining transformative conference action may be so superior that energy is best conserved in anticipation of a later opportunity. (Resulting in: Style).
3. When there is an opportunity for action, the transformative conference should move forward with others sharing its intent, meanwhile preparing its defences against unforeseen problems. (Resulting in: Deficiency).
4. Prompt action by the transformative conference is necessary to forestall initiatives which are not self-restraining. (Resulting in: Wealth).
5. The transformative conference may best counteract unruly action by changing its nature or diverting it into appropriate channels. (Resulting in: Subtle restraint).
6. The transformative conference may achieve a position in which its influence prevails because its action is no longer inhibited by opposing forces. (Resulting in: Peace).
Transformation sequence Conservation measures ensure that support is provided where necessary. (Resulting in: Support).
Earlier version in 2nd edition of Encyclopedia of World Problems and Human Potential (1986).
For further updates on this site, subscribe here