Social A transformative conference should be attentive to the manner in which it supports both its own activities and those of others able to contribute to the development of society.
1. Misfortune results when the transformative conference's self-reliance is undermined in aspiring to the apparent advantages of others. (Resulting in: Deterioration).
2. Misfortune results when the transformative conference fails to become self-reliant and persists in depending on others. (Resulting in: Deficiency).
3. The transformative conference cannot be successful if it seeks advantages for their own sake and thus becomes dependent upon them. (Resulting in: Style).
4. When the transformative conference is in a position of influence, it should seek out others of the right quality to assist in achieving advances for society as a whole. (Resulting in: Decisive action).
5. If deficiences in its mode of action prevent it from contributing effectively to the development of society, the transformative conference should seek the advice of those of superior values. (Resulting in: Assistance).
6. When the transformative conference becomes a source of influence in sustaining society, it can best continue in this role by being aware of the dangers of such responsibility. (Resulting in: Recovery).
Transformation sequence Continual build-up of support leads to importance. (Resulting in: Importance).
Earlier version in 2nd edition of Encyclopedia of World Problems and Human Potential (1986).
this work is licenced under a creative commons licence.