Social A transformative conference may be characterized by a self-renewing movement acting alternately on itself and on society. For a transformative conference of superior values this ensures a flexibility in response to the environment which is grounded on an inner directive that governs all its actions.
1. The transformative conference can only ensure enduring effects through careful action over a long period that precludes any form of precipitate action. (Resulting in: Power).
2. If the strength of the transformative conference is greater than its material resources, successful control may avoid an inappropriate response. (Resulting in: Conscientiousness).
3. Inconsistency on the part of the transformative conference, in response to external events, leads to unexpected forms of humiliation. (Resulting in: Liberation).
4. For the transformative conference to achieve success through persistence, it is necessary that the action should be appropriate. (Resulting in: Advancement).
5. If the transformative conference undertakes an active role, it should remain flexible in adapting to circumstances in the light of its enduring values; whereas in a passive role, it should be consistent in conforming to external guidelines. (Resulting in: Importance).
6. If the transformative conference is permanently agitated, any attempt to produce enduring effects is undermined. (Resulting in: Cultural heritage).
Transformation sequence Endurance cannot continue indefinitely, therefore withdrawal takes place. (Resulting in: Withdrawal).
Earlier version in 2nd edition of Encyclopedia of World Problems and Human Potential (1986).
For further updates on this site, subscribe here