Social The preservation of the individuality of a network of superior values can only be achieved through creative opposition to those of inferior values. It on this basis that order is engendered. Faced with opposition and misunderstandings a network should concentrate on minor initiatives.
1. The network should avoid the consequences of attempting to ensure unity through forceful action since the temporarily estranged will re-establish contact of their own accord and those who impose themselves will eventually drift away. (Resulting in: Transformation threshold).
2. Informal contacts may suffice when misunderstandings prevent the network from establishing formal relationships with its natural partners. (Resulting in: Decisive action).
3. Despite opposition and discouragement, the network can succeed if it discovers a trustworthy partner of complementary nature. (Resulting in: Wealth).
4. Although isolated in opposition to others, the network will eventually succeed through maintaining contact with a natural partner. (Resulting in: Deficiency).
5. The opposition faced by the network may initially prevent recognition of a trustworthy partner with whom it is beneficial for it to work. (Resulting in: Careful conduct).
6. The isolation experienced by the network may be due to opposition based upon misunderstanding which once clarified permits fruitful collaboration. (Resulting in: Elective affinity).
Transformation sequence Through misunderstandings and opposition, difficulties and obstructions are created. (Resulting in: Obstruction).
Earlier version in 2nd edition of Encyclopedia of World Problems and Human Potential (1986).
For further updates on this site, subscribe here