Social A sustainable policy cycle may experience a decrease in the external resources available. This situation may be used to clarify and strengthen the inner resources on which it can draw for future undertakings.
1. In accepting assistance, the sustainable policy cycle of superior values should take care not to overstrain the abilities of those offering it, nor should it exploit them. (Resulting in: Inexperience).
2. In order for the sustainable policy cycle to be able to provide assistance of enduring significance to others, it must take care not to overstrain its own resources. (Resulting in: Support).
3. Collaborating with two partners in an undertaking leads to an unstable situation for the sustainable policy cycle resulting in the alienation of one of them, whereas a partner will be found if the sustainable policy cycle undertakes an initiative alone. (Resulting in: Conservation).
4. If the sustainable policy cycle is able to reduce its defects this encourages those who are well-disposed to collaborate. (Resulting in: Opposition).
5. If those in power appoint the sustainable policy cycle to perform a key role there is nothing to prevent its success. (Resulting in: Essential quality).
6. Every increase in the power of the sustainable policy cycle may be such as to benefit others, rather than to deprive others of benefits. (Resulting in: Initiative).
Transformation sequence If deficiency persists it eventually evokes assistance. (Resulting in: Assistance).
Earlier version in 2nd edition of Encyclopedia of World Problems and Human Potential (1986).
For further updates on this site, subscribe here