Metaphor (I Ching) Index Page
Equivalent condition for: Dialogue
Previous vision condition
Circular envisioning map: top-out
Metaphors: Increase / Expansion / Augmenting
Social By sacrificing its own interests in favour of the development
of others, a sustainable lifestyle may temporarily create conditions in
which great progress can be made. The development of the sustainable lifestyle
itself may be brought about by adopting the positive attributes of others
and eliminating its own defects.
1. The sustainable lifestyle should use any major assistance it receives
from those in power for initiatives which it would not otherwise be able
to undertake. (Resulting in: Recognition).
2. The sustainable lifestyle brings about its own development by producing
in itself the necessary conditions and identifying with the progressive
spirit of the times. (Resulting in: Essential
3. In times of great progress even unfortunate events may be advantageous,
releasing the sustainable lifestyle from error and enabling it to act with
authority according to the needs of the moment. (Resulting in: Community).
4. The sustainable lifestyle may usefully function, especially with
respect to major undertakings, as an intermediary between those in power
and those who should benefit from such progress. (Resulting in: Spontaneity).
5. The beneficial influence of the sustainable lifestyle's assistance
results from its expression of an inner necessity for which recognition
is sufficient reward. (Resulting in: Support).
6. If the sustainable lifestyle fails to assist in the progress of others
it isolates itself and exposes itself to attack. (Resulting in: Initial
Transformation sequence If assistance continues long enough a
new resolution emerges. (Resulting in: Resolution).
/ Next vision condition
Earlier version in 2nd edition of Encyclopedia
of World Problems and Human Potential (1986)