Social A transformative conference may benefit from circumstances to rise to a position of influence through unrelenting effort in circumventing obstacles to its progress.
1. In a position of obscurity, the transformative conference can derive strength and encouragement for its progress from those in position of power, who also benefit thereby from such a link to their origins. (Resulting in: Peace).
2. Even though the transformative conference is unsubtle in its relationships with others, it may succeed in advancing because of recognition of the strength of its inherent qualities. (Resulting in: Unpretentiousness).
3. In the absence of obstacles, the transformative conference should take advantage of the opportunity to advance, rather than being preoccupied prematurely with how long such advance will be possible. (Resulting in: Controlled threat).
4. In attaining its goal, the transformative conference becomes accepted by those in positions of influence and thus achieves enduring significance. (Resulting in: Endurance).
5. The transformative conference should progress steadily rather than becoming overconfident and impatient. (Resulting in: Basic need).
6. The transformative conference should take care to avoid committing itself to advancement for its own sake, and thus become unable to retreat when necessary. (Resulting in: Remedial action).
Transformation sequence Continual advancement eventually leads to adversity and exhaustion. (Resulting in: Adversity).
Earlier version in 2nd edition of Encyclopedia of World Problems and Human Potential (1986).
this work is licenced under a creative commons licence.