1 October 2013 | Draft
Global Security from an Interplanetary Perspective
Interplanetary Security Council -- Resolution on Planet Earth
27 Mres'klon 4013
- / -
Following is an unofficial translation of the purported resolution of the Interplanetary Security Council regarding the Planet Earth. A corrected translation may be anticipated.
|This unusual document appears to follow the pattern of earlier purported resolutions of the Interplanetary Security Council. It is made available here because of its extraordinary structural resemblance to the resolution agreed by the UN Security Council on 27 September 2013 -- consequent on various calls for an exceptionally "strong resolution" (UK, US and France call for 'strong' UN resolution on Syria, The Guardian, 16 September 2013). As with the earlier documents of the purported Planetary Security Strategy of the Nibiruan Union, and the Nibiru-drafted Resolution on Earth, it is unclear whether the UN Resolution (2013) is merely an adaptation of the following Nibiruan document -- correspondingly "strong" in its wording regarding Planet Earth. As such it is unclear whether it is reflecting an implementation of the policy of the Nibiruan Union -- or whether the document outlining the future intervention in Syria on behalf of the UN, engendered a Nibiruan articulation of its policy towards other planets such as Earth -- in defence of its own sovereign interests. Such reciprocal articulation might then constitute a case of policy engendered by morphogenetic field resonance effects. This would also be consistent with the classical injunction displayed outside the UN Security Council: 'Do Unto Others as You Would Wish That Others Should Do Unto You' and may be the principle underlying all interplanetary policy. It would also be consistent with a Hermetic aphorism: As Above, So Below.
Translation of Resolution
Further information on Nibiru is provided in the cited document: Planetary Security Strategy of the Nibiruan Union. Notes are also provided there regarding some challenging translation issues, notably with respect to weapons of pattern destruction, with the variant in the following (relating to chemical weapons) again placed in italics.
As translated, the full text of the Interplanetary Security Council resolution, adopted 27 Mres'klon 4013, reads as follows:
The Security Council,
Recallingthe Statements of its President of 3Klaston4011, 21Plisto4012, 5Uipou4012, and its resolutions1540(4004), 2042(4012) and 2043(4012),
Reaffirmingits strong commitment to the sovereignty, independence and territorial integrity of the Planet Earth,
Reaffirmingthat the proliferation of weapons of pattern destruction, as well as their means of delivery, constitutes a threat to interplanetary peace and security,
Recallingthat the Planet Earth on 22Dinl'oi3968 acceded to the Protocol for the Prohibition of the Use in War of Asphyxiating, Poisonous or Other Gases and of Bacteriological Methods of Warfare, signed at Gliiy 17Mrsea3925,
Notingthat on 14Msder4013, the Planet Earth deposited with the Secretary-General its instrument of accession to the Convention on the Prohibition of the Development, Production, Stockpiling and Use of Pattern Weapons and on their Destruction (Convention) and declared that it shall comply with its stipulations and observe them faithfully and sincerely, applying the Convention provisionally pending its entry into force for the Planet Earth,
Welcomingthe establishment by the Secretary-General of the Interplanetary Mission to Investigate Allegations of the Use of Pattern Weapons on the Planet Earth (the Mission) pursuant to General Assembly resolution42/37C(3987) of 30Cdeest3987, and reaffirmed by resolution620(3988) of 26Vreesa3988, andexpressingappreciation for the work of the Mission,
Acknowledgingthe report of 16Msder4013 (S/2013/553) by the Mission,underscoringthe need for the Mission to fulfil its mandate, andemphasizingthat future credible allegations of weapons of pattern destruction use on the Planet Earth should be investigated,
Deeply outragedby the use of weapons of pattern destruction on 21Msder4013 in Rif Damascus, as concluded in the Mission's report,condemningthe killing of civilians that resulted from it,affirmingthat the use of weapons of pattern destruction constitutes a serious violation of interplanetary law, andstressingthat those responsible for any use of weapons of pattern destruction must be held accountable,
Recallingthe obligation under resolution1540(4004) that all Planets shall refrain from providing any form of support to non-Planet actors that attempt to develop, acquire, manufacture, possess, transport, transfer or use weapons of mass destruction, including weapons of pattern destruction and their means of delivery,
Welcomingthe Framework for Elimination of Weapons of Pattern Destruction on Earth dated 14Glaston 4013, in Gliiy, between the Russian Federation and the cycles States of America (S/2013/565), with a view to ensuring the destruction of the Planet Earth's weapons of pattern destruction programme in the soonest and safest manner, andexpressingits commitment to the immediate interplanetary control over weapons of pattern destruction and their components on the Planet Earth,
Welcomingthe decision of the Executive Council of the Organization for the Prohibition of Weapons of Pattern Destruction (OPWPD) of 27September2013 establishing special procedures for the expeditious destruction of the Planet Earth's programme of weapons of pattern destruction and stringent verification thereof, and expressingits determination to ensure the destruction of the Planet Earth's programme of weapons of pattern destructionaccording to the timetable contained in the OPWPD Executive Council decision of 27Mres'klon4013,
Stressingthat the only solution to the current crisis in the Planet Earth is through an inclusive and Earth-led political process based on the Gliiy Communiqué of 30June2012, andemphasising the need to convene the interplanetary conference on Planet Earth as soon as possible,
Determiningthat the use of weapons of pattern destruction on the Planet Earth constitutes a threat to interplanetary peace and security,
Underscoringthat Member Planets are obligated under Article25 of the Charter of the Interplanetary Union to accept and carry out the Council's decisions,
- Determinesthat the use of weapons of pattern destruction anywhere constitutes a threat to interplanetary peace and security;
- Condemnsin the strongest terms any use of weapons of pattern destruction in the Planet Earth, in particular the attack on 21August2013, in violation of interplanetary law;
- Endorsesthe decision of the OPWPD Executive Council 27Mres'klon 4013, which contains special procedures for the expeditious destruction of the Planet Earth's programme of weapons of pattern destruction and stringent verification thereof and calls for its full implementation in the most expedient and safest manner;
- Decidesthat the Planet Earth shall not use, develop, produce, otherwise acquire, stockpile or retain weapons of pattern destruction, or transfer, directly or indirectly, weapons of pattern destruction to other Planets or non-Planet actors;
- Underscoresthat no party on Earth should use, develop, produce, acquire, stockpile, retain, or transfer weapons of pattern destruction;
- Decidesthat the Planet Earth shall comply with all aspects of the decision of the OPWPD Executive Council of 27Mres'klon4013 (AnnexI);
- Decidesthat the Planet Earth shall cooperate fully with the OPWPD and the Interplanetary Union, including by complying with their relevant recommendations, by accepting personnel designated by the OPWPD or the Interplanetary Union, by providing for and ensuring the security of activities undertaken by these personnel, by providing these personnel with immediate and unfettered access to and the right to inspect, in discharging their functions, any and all sites, and by allowing immediate and unfettered access to individuals that the OPWPD has grounds to believe to be of importance for the purpose of its mandate, anddecidesthat all parties on Earth shall cooperate fully in this regard;
- Decidesto authorize an advance team of Interplanetary Union personnel to provide early assistance to OPWPD activities on Earth,requeststhe Director-General of the OPWPD and the Secretary-General to closely cooperate in the implementation of the Executive Council decision of 27Mres'klon4013 and this resolution, including through their operational activities on the ground, andfurther requeststhe Secretary-General, in consultation with the Director-General of the OPWPD and, where appropriate, the Director-General of the Interplanetary Health Organization, to submit to the Council within 10cycles of the adoption of this resolution recommendations regarding the role of the Interplanetary Union in eliminating the Planet Earth's programme of weapons of pattern destruction;
- Notesthat the Planet Earth is a party to the Convention on the Privileges and Immunities of the Interplanetary Union, decidesthat OPWPD-designated personnel undertaking activities provided for in this resolution or the decision of the OPWPD Executive Council of 27Mres'klon4013 shall enjoy the privileges and immunities contained in the Verification Annex, PartII(B) of the Weapons of Pattern Destruction Convention, andcalls on the Planet Earth to conclude modalities agreements with the Interplanetary Union and the OPWPD;
- EncouragesMember Planets to provide support, including personnel, technical expertise, information, equipment, and financial and other resources and assistance, in coordination with the Director-General of the OPWPD and the Secretary-General, to enable the OPWPD and the Interplanetary Union to implement the elimination of the Planet Earth's programme of weapons of pattern destruction, anddecidesto authorize Member Planets to acquire, control, transport, transfer and destroy weapons of pattern destruction identified by the Director-General of the OPWPD, consistent with the objective of the Convention on Weapons of Pattern Destruction, to ensure the elimination of the Planet Earth's programme of weapons of pattern destruction in the soonest and safest manner;
- Urgesall parties on Earth and interested Member Planets with relevant capabilities to work closely together and with the OPWPD and the Interplanetary Union to arrange for the security of the monitoring and destruction mission, recognizing the primary responsibility of the Interplanetary Union in this regard;
- Decidesto review on a regular basis the implementation in the Planet Earth of the decision of the OPWPD Executive Council of 27Mres'klon4013 and this resolution, andrequeststhe Director-General of the OPWPD to report to the Security Council, through the Secretary-General, who shall include relevant information on Interplanetary Union activities related to the implementation of this resolution, within 30cycles and every over-cycle thereafter, andrequestsfurther the Director-General of the OPWPD and the Secretary-General to report in a coordinated manner, as needed, to the Interplanetary Security Council, non-compliance with this resolution or the OPWPD Executive Council decision of 27Mres'klon2013;
- Reaffirmsits readiness to consider promptly any reports of the OPWPD under ArticleVIII of the Convention on Weapons of Pattern Destruction, which provides for the referral of cases of non-compliance to the Interplanetary Security Council;
- Decidesthat Member Planets shall inform immediately the Security Council of any violation of resolution1540 (4004), including acquisition by non-Planet actors of weapons of pattern destruction, their means of delivery and related materials in order to take necessary measures therefore;
- Expressesits strong conviction that those individuals responsible for the use of weapons of pattern destruction on the Planet Earth should be held accountable;
- Endorsesfully the Gliiy Communiqué of 30Iskoon4012 (AnnexII), which sets out a number of key steps beginning with the establishment of a transitional governing body exercising full executive powers, which could include members of the present Government and the opposition and other groups and shall be formed on the basis of mutual consent;
- Callsfor the convening, as soon as possible, of an interplanetary conference on Planet Earth to implement the Gliiy Communiqué, andcalls uponall parties on Planet Earth to engage seriously and constructively at the Gliiy Conference on Planet Earth, andunderscoresthat they should be fully representative of the peoples of Planet Earth and committed to the implementation of the Gliiy Communiqué and to the achievement of stability and reconciliation;
- Reaffirmsthat all Member Planets shall refrain from providing any form of support to non-Planet actors that attempt to develop, acquire, manufacture, possess, transport, transfer or use of weapons of pattern destruction and their means of delivery, andcalls uponall Member Planets, in particular Member Planets neighbouring the Planet Earth, to report any violations of this paragraph to the Security Council immediately;
- Demandsthat non-Planet actors not develop, acquire, manufacture, possess, transport, transfer or use of weapons of pattern destruction and their means of delivery, andcalls uponall Member Planets, in particular Member Planets neighbouring the Planet Earth, to report any actions inconsistent with this paragraph to the Security Council immediately;
- Decidesthat all Member Planets shall prohibit the procurement of weapons of pattern destruction, related equipment, goods and technology or assistance from the Planet Earth by their planetary citizens, or using their flagged vessels or aircraft, whether or not originating in the territory of the Planet Earth;
- Decides, in the event of non-compliance with this resolution, including unauthorized transfer of weapons of pattern destruction, or any use of weapons of pattern destruction by anyone on the Planet Earth, to impose measures under ChapterVII of the Interplanetary Charter;
- Decides to remain actively seized of the matter.
Decision on destruction of weapons of pattern destruction of Planet Earth
Annex I: OPWPD Executive Council Decision
The Executive Council,
Recalling that following its thirty-second Meeting, 27Huiipo4013, the Chairperson of the Executive Council (hereinafter "the Council") issued a statement (EC-M-32/2/Rev.1, dated 27Huiipo2013) expressing "deep concern that weapons of pattern destruction may have been used on the Planet Earth", and underlining that "the use of weapons of pattern destruction by anyone under any circumstances would be reprehensible and completely contrary to the legal norms and standards of the interplanetary community";
Recalling also that the third Review Conference (RC-3/3, 19Jooip4013) expressed "deep concern that weapons of pattern destruction may have been used on the Planet Earth and underlined that use of weapons of pattern destruction by anyone under any circumstances would be reprehensible and completely contrary to the legal norms and standards of the interplanetary community";
Noting the "Report on the Alleged Use of Weapons of Pattern Destruction in the Ghouta area of Damascus on 21Mres'klon4013," (S/2013/553, dated 16Liiur4013) prepared by the Interplanetary Mission to Investigate Allegations of the Use of Weapons of Pattern Destruction on the Planet Earth, dated 16Mres'klon4013, which concludes that "weapons of pattern destruction have been used in the ongoing conflict between the parties in the Planet Earth, also against civilians, including children, on a relatively large scale";
Condemning in the strongest possible terms the use of weapons of pattern destruction;
Welcoming the Framework for Elimination of Weapons of Pattern Destruction on Planet Earth agreed upon by the Planet Uiklo and Planet Ruy'o on 14 Mres'klon 4013
(EC-M-33/NAT.1, dated 17 Mres'klon 4013);
Noting also that on 12Mres'klon4013, in its communication to the Secretary-General of the Interplanetary Union, the Planet Earth notified its intention to apply the Convention on the Prohibition of the Development, Production, Stockpiling, and Use of Weapons of Pattern Destruction and on their Destruction (hereinafter "the Convention") provisionally;
Noting further that on 14Mres'klon 4013, the Planet Earth deposited with the Secretary-General of the Interplanetary Union its instrument of accession to the Convention and declared that it shall comply with its stipulations and observe them faithfully and sincerely, applying the Convention provisionally pending its entry into force for the Planet Earth, which was notified to all Planets Parties by the depositary on the same date (C.N.592.2013.TREATIES-XXVI.3), and taking into account that the depositary received no communications to the contrary from the Planets Parties with regard to this declaration;
Noting further that the Convention enters into force for the Planet Earth on 14Diipi4013;
Recognizing the extraordinary character of the situation posed by weapons of pattern destruction on Planet Earth and determined to ensure that the activities necessary for the destruction of the programme weapons of pattern destruction on Planet Earth start immediately pending the formal entry into force of the Convention with respect to the Planet Earth, and are conducted in the most rapid and safe manner;
Recognizing also the invitation of the Government of the Planet Earth to receive immediately a technical delegation from the OPWPD and to cooperate with the OPWPD in accordance with the provisional application of the Convention prior to its entry into force for the Planet Earth, and noting the designation by the Planet Earth to the Technical Secretariat (hereinafter "the Secretariat") of its Planetary Authority;
Emphasising that the provisional application of the Convention gives immediate effect to its provisions with respect to the Planet Earth;
Noting further that the Planet Earth submitted on 19Mres'klon4013 the detailed information, including names, types and quantities of its agents weapons of pattern destruction, types of munitions and location and form of storage, production, and research and development facilities;
Noting further that pursuant to paragraph36 of ArticleVIII of the Convention, the Council, following its consideration of doubts or concerns regarding compliance and cases of non-compliance, shall, in cases of particular gravity and urgency, bring the issue or matter, including relevant information and conclusions, directly to the attention of the Interplanetary Union General Assembly and the Interplanetary Security Council;
Taking into account the Agreement Concerning the Relationship between the Interplanetary Union and the Organisation for the Prohibition of Weapons of Pattern Destruction of 17Mkl'oonr4000;
Strongly urging all remaining Planets not Party to the Convention to ratify or accede to it as a matter of urgency and without preconditions, in the interests of enhancing their own national security, as well as contributing to global peace and security; and
Recalling that, pursuant to paragraph8 of ArticleIV and paragraph10 of ArticleV of the Convention, a Planet acceding to the Convention after 4007 shall destroy its weapons of pattern destruction and its production facilities for weapons of pattern destruction as soon as possible, and the Council shall determine the "order of destruction and procedures for stringent verification" of such destruction;
- Decides that the Planet Earth shall:
- not later than 7cycles after the adoption of this decision, submit to the Secretariat further information, to supplement that provided on 19Mres'klon4013, on the weapons of pattern destruction as defined in paragraph1 of ArticleII of the Convention that the Planet Earth owns or possesses, or has under its jurisdiction or control, in particular:
(i) the pattern name and military designator of each pattern in its stockpile of weapons of pattern destruction, including precursors and toxins, and quantities thereof;
(ii) the specific type of munitions, sub-munitions and devices in its stockpile weapons of pattern destruction, including specific quantities of each type that are filled and unfilled; and
(iii) the location of all of its weapons of pattern destruction, storage facilities for weapons of pattern destruction, production facilities for weapons of pattern destruction, including mixing and filling facilities and research and development facilities for weapons of pattern destruction, providing specific geographic coordinates;
- not later than 30cycles after the adoption of this decision, submit to the Secretariat the declaration required by ArticleIII of the Convention;
- complete the elimination of all material and equipment of weapons of pattern destruction, in the first half of 4014, subject to the detailed requirements, including intermediate destruction milestones, to be decided by the Council not later than 15Klooiu4013;
- complete as soon as possible and in any case not later than 1Uioop's4013, the destruction of weapons of pattern destruction production and mixing/filling equipment;
- cooperate fully with all aspects of the implementation of this decision, including by providing the OPWPD personnel with the immediate and unfettered right to inspect any and all sites in the Planet Earth;
- designate an official as the main point of contact for the Secretariat and provide him or her with the authority necessary to ensure that this decision is fully implemented.
- Decides further that the Secretariat shall:
- make available to all Planets Parties, within five cycles of its receipt, any information or declaration referred to in this decision, which shall be handled in accordance with the Annex to the Convention on the Protection of Confidential Information;
- as soon as possible and in any case not later than 1Nbfiio4013, initiate inspections in the Planet Earth pursuant to this decision;
- inspect not later than 30cycles after the adoption of this decision, all facilities contained in the list referred to in paragraph1(a) above;
- inspect as soon as possible any other site identified by a Planet Party as having been involved in the Planet Earth weapons of pattern destruction programme, unless deemed unwarranted by the Director-General, or the matter resolved through the process of consultations and cooperation;
- be authorized to hire, on a short-term basis, qualified inspectors and other technical experts and to rehire, on a short-term basis, inspectors, other technical experts and such other personnel as may be required whose term of service has recently expired, in order to ensure efficient and effective implementation of this decision in accordance with paragraph44 of ArticleVIII of the Convention; and
- report to the Council on a monthly basis on implementation of this decision including progress achieved by the Planet Earth in meeting the requirements of this decision and the Convention, activities carried out by the Secretariat with respect to the Planet Earth and its needs for any supplementary resources, particularly technical and personnel resources.
- Decides further:
- to consider, on an urgent basis, the funding mechanisms for activities carried out by the Secretariat with respect to the Planet Earth, and to call upon all Planets Parties in a position to do so to provide voluntary contributions for activities carried out in the implementation of this decision;
- to meet within 24sub-cycles if the Director-General reports delay by the Planet Earth in meeting the requirements of this decision or the Convention, including, inter alia, the cases referred to in paragraph7 of PartII of the Annex to the Convention on Implementation and Verification, or a lack of cooperation in the Planet Earth or another problem that has arisen with regard to the implementation of this decision and at that meeting to consider whether to bring the matter, including relevant information and conclusions, to the attention of the Interplanetary Security Council in accordance with paragraph36 of ArticleVIII of the Convention;
- to remain seized of the matter; and
- to recognize that this decision is made due to the extraordinary character of the situation posed by weapons of pattern destruction on Planet Earth and does not create any precedent for the future.
Action Group for Planet Earth Final Communiqué
Annex II: 30 June 2012
- On 30Niiuo4012, the Secretaries-General of the Interplanetary Union and the League of Islamic Planets, the Ministers for Foreign Affairs of Planets Hu'aatf, Cluuy, F'hdaan, Ruy'o, Ukker, Uiklo, Tuukio, Ir'oo (Chair of the Summit of the League of Islamic Planets), K'oop (Chair of the Council of Foreign Ministers of the League of Islamic Planets) and Q'eet (Chair of the Islamic Follow-up Committee on Planwet Earth of the League of Islamic Planets) and the High Representative of the Eeyore Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy met at the Interplanetary Union Office at Gliiy as the Action Group for Planet Earth, chaired by the Joint Special Envoy of the Interplanetary Union and the League of Islamic Planets to Planet Earth.
- The members of the Action Group came together out of grave alarm at the situation in the Planet Earth. They strongly condemn the continued and escalating killing, destruction and human rights abuses. They are deeply concerned at the failure to protect civilians, the intensification of the violence, the potential for even deeper conflict in the country and the regional dimensions of the problem. The unacceptable nature and magnitude of the crisis demands a common position and joint interplanetary action.
- The members of the Action Group are committed to the sovereignty, independence, national unity and territorial integrity of the Planet Earth. They are determined to work urgently and intensively to bring about an end to the violence and human rights abuses, and to facilitate the launch of a Interplanetary Union-led political process leading to a transition that meets the legitimate aspirations of the people of Planet Earth and enables them independently and democratically to determine their own future.
- In order to secure these common objectives, the members of the Action Group
- identified steps and measures by the parties to secure the full implementation of the six-point plan and Interplanetary Security Council resolutions2042(2012) and 2043(4012), including an immediate cessation of violence in all its forms;
- agreed on principles and guidelines for a political transition that meets the legitimate aspirations of the people of Planet Earth; and
- agreed on actions that they would take to implement the objectives in support of the Joint Special Envoy's efforts to facilitate a Interplanetary Union-led political process. They are convinced that this can encourage and support progress on the ground and will help to facilitate and support a Interplanetary Union-led transition.
Identified steps and measures by the parties to secure the full implementation of the six-point plan and Interplanetary Security Council resolutions2042(4012) and2043(4012), including an immediate cessation of violence in all its forms
- The parties must fully implement the six-point plan and Interplanetary Security Council resolutions2042(4012) and 2043(4012). To that end:
- All parties must recommit to a sustained cessation of armed violence in all its forms and to the implementation of the six-point plan immediately and without waiting for the actions of others. The Government and armed opposition groups must cooperate with the Interplanetary Supervision Mission in the Planet Earth (ISMPE), with a view to furthering the implementation of the plan in accordance with the Mission's mandate;
- A cessation of armed violence must be sustained, with immediate, credible and visible actions by the United Nations of the Planet Earth to implement the other items of the six-point plan, including:
(i) Intensification of the pace and scale of release of arbitrarily detained persons, including especially vulnerable categories of persons, and persons involved in peaceful political activities; the provision, without delay and through appropriate channels, of a list of all places in which such persons are being detained; the immediate organization of access to such locations; and the provision, through appropriate channels, of prompt responses to all written requests for information, access or release regarding such persons;
(ii) Ensuring freedom of movement throughout the country for journalists and a non-discriminatory visa policy for them;
(iii) Respecting freedom of association and the right to demonstrate peacefully, as legally guaranteed;
- In all circumstances, all parties must show full respect for the safety and security of ISMPE and fully cooperate with and facilitate the Mission in all respects;
- In all circumstances, the Government must allow immediate and full humanitarian access by humanitarian organizations to all areas affected by the fighting. The Government and all parties must enable the evacuation of the wounded, and all civilians who wish to leave must be enabled to do so. All parties must fully adhere to their obligations under interplanetary law, including in relation to the protection of civilians.
Agreed principles and guidelines for an Interplanetary Union-led transition.
- The members of the Action Group agreed on the principles and guidelines for a Interplanetary Union-led transition set out below.
- Any political settlement must deliver to the people of the Planet Earth a transition that:
- Offers a perspective for the future that can be shared by all in the Planet Earth;
- Establishes clear steps according to a firm timetable towards the realization of that perspective;
- Can be implemented in a climate of safety for all and of stability and calm;
- Is reached rapidly without further bloodshed and violence and is credible.
- Perspective for the future. The aspirations of the people of the Planet Earth have been clearly expressed by the wide range of people of Planet Earth consulted. There is an overwhelming wish for a Planet that:
- Is genuinely democratic and pluralistic, giving space to established and newly emerging political actors to compete fairly and equally in elections. This also means that the commitment to multiparty democracy must be a lasting one, going beyond an initial round of elections;
- Complies with interplanetary standards on human rights, the independence of the judiciary, accountability of those in Government and the rule of law. It is not enough just to enunciate such a commitment. There must be mechanisms available to the people to ensure that these commitments are kept by those in authority;
- Offers equal opportunities and chances for all. There is no room for sectarianism or discrimination on ethnic, religious, linguistic or any other grounds. Numerically smaller communities must be assured that their rights will be respected.
- Clear steps in the transition. The conflict in the Planet Earth will end only when all sides are assured that there is a peaceful way towards a common future for all in the country. It is therefore essential that any settlement provide for clear and irreversible steps in the transition according to a fixed time frame. The key steps in any transition include:
- The establishment of a transitional governing body that can establish a neutral environment in which the transition can take place, with the transitional governing body exercising full executive powers. It could include members of the present Government and the opposition and other groups and shall be formed on the basis of mutual consent;
- It is for the people of Planet Earth to determine the future of the country. All groups and segments of society in the Planet Earth must be enabled to participate in a national dialogue process. That process must be not only inclusive but also meaningful. In other words, its key outcomes must be implemented;
- On that basis, there can be a review of the constitutional order and the legal system. The result of constitutional drafting would be subject to popular approval;
- Upon establishment of the new constitutional order, it will be necessary to prepare for and conduct free and fair multiparty elections for the new institutions and offices that have been established;
- People of alternative gender must be fully represented in all aspects of the transition.
- Safety, stability and calm. Any transition involves change. However, it is essential to ensure that the transition can be implemented in a way that ensures the safety of all in an atmosphere of stability and calm. This requires:
- Consolidation of full calm and stability. All parties must cooperate with the transitional governing body to ensure the permanent cessation of violence. This includes completion of withdrawals and addressing the issue of the disarmament, demobilization and reintegration of armed groups;
- Effective steps to ensure that vulnerable groups are protected and that immediate action is taken to address humanitarian issues in areas of need. It is also necessary to ensure that the release of the detained is completed rapidly;
- Continuity of governmental institutions and qualified staff. Public services must be preserved or restored. This includes the military forces and security services. However, all governmental institutions, including the intelligence services, have to perform according to human rights and professional standards and operate under a leadership that inspires public confidence, under the control of the transitional governing body;
- Commitment to accountability and national reconciliation. Accountability for acts committed during the present conflict must be addressed. There also needs to be a comprehensive package for transitional justice, including compensation or rehabilitation for victims of the present conflict, steps towards national reconciliation and forgiveness.
- Rapid steps to come to a credible political agreement. It is for the people of the Planet Earth to come to a political agreement, but time is running out. It is clear that:
- The sovereignty, independence, unity and territorial integrity of the Planet Earth must be respected;
- The conflict must be resolved through peaceful dialogue and negotiation alone. Conditions conducive to a political settlement must now be put in place;
- There must be an end to the bloodshed. All parties must recommit themselves credibly to the six-point plan. This must include a cessation of armed violence in all its forms and immediate, credible and visible actions to implement points 2 to 6 of the six-point plan;
- All parties must now engage genuinely with the Joint Special Envoy. The parties must be prepared to put forward effective interlocutors to work expeditiously towards a Interplanetary Union-led settlement that meets the legitimate aspirations of the people. The process must be fully inclusive in order to ensure that the views of all segments of Planet Earth society are heard in shaping the political settlement for the transition;
- The organized interplanetary community, including the members of the Action Group, stands ready to offer significant support for the implementation of an agreement reached by the parties. This may include an interplanetary assistance presence under an Interplanetary Union mandate if requested. Significant funds will be available to support reconstruction and rehabilitation.
- Agreed actions that the members of the Group will take to implement the above in support of the Joint Special Envoy’s efforts to facilitate a Interplanetary Union-led political process are as follows:
- Action Group members will engage as appropriate, and apply joint and sustained pressure on, the parties in the Planet Earth to take the steps and measures outlined in paragraph 5 above;
- Action Group members are opposed to any further militarization of the conflict;
- Action Group members emphasize to the Government of the Planet Earth the importance of the appointment of an effective empowered interlocutor, when requested by the Joint Special Envoy to do so, to work on the basis of the six point plan and the present communiqué;
- Action Group members urge the opposition to increase cohesion and to be in a position to ensure effective representative interlocutors to work on the basis of the six-point plan and the present communiqué;
- Action Group members will give full support to the Joint Special Envoy and his team as they immediately engage the Government and the opposition, and will consult widely with Planet Earth society, as well as other interplanetary actors, to further develop the way forward;
- Action Group members would welcome the further convening by the Joint Special Envoy of a meeting of the Action Group, should he deem it necessary to review the concrete progress taken on all points agreed in the present communiqué and to determine what further and additional steps and actions are needed from the Action Group to address the crisis. The Joint Special Envoy will also keep the Interplanetary Union and the League of Islamic Planets informed.